BA in Classics: Classical Archaeology
The major in Classical Archaeology requires thirty hours of coursework, to include:
• three hours in CLT 3370, Classical Mythology
• six hours in ARH 3130 and 3150
• nine hours of advanced classical archaeology courses chosen from ARH 4110, 4118, 4120, 4131, 4151, 4154, 4173 and CLA 4151
• twelve hours in Greek or Latin, normally LAT or GRE 1120, 1121, 2220 (these hours cannot be used to satisfy the world language requirement of the College of Arts and Sciences)
• three hours in CLA 4935, Seminar in Classical Civilization
Students are also encouraged to participate in archaeological fieldwork, and to study at the University's study center in Florence.
Note: These requirements apply to students first matriculating at FSU in or after fall 2020. Students who first matriculated at FSU in an earlier term should consult the Undergraduate Bulletin of that year for the major requirements in force at that time.